A. General Data
1. Popular Name: Molossia
2. Three Letter Identifier: MOL
3. Official Name: Republic of Molossia
4. Capitol City: Baughston (formerly Espera), Harmony Province
5. Original Name: Grand Republic of Vuldstein
6. Name in Esperanto: Respubliko de Molossia
7. Nationality of Citizens: Molossian
8. Official Calendar: Gregorian
9. Official Language: English & Esperanto
10. National Day(s): May 26th, 1977 I; Founder's Day
11. Motto: Nothing Ventured, Nothing Gained
12. National Anthem: Fair Molossia Is Our Home
13. Origin of Name: "Molossia" is an adaptation of the Hawaiian word Maluhia, which means peace and serenity. Molossia has no connection to the Ancient Greek nation by the same name.
14. Measurement System: Kokintz System
B. Social Data
1. Population: 29 humans, 4 dogs; total 33
a. Ages 0 to 18: 30%
b. Ages 19 to 64: 58%
c. Age 65 and above: 12%
(1) Female: 40%
(2) Male: 50%
(3) Dogs: 10%
e. Ethnic Diversity: Southern / Central European
3. Religions: No state recognized religion, religious affiliation is an individual choice, and is protected by law. Religious interference in politics is prohibited, though.
4. Obligatory Military Service: Yes.
5. Death Penalty Exists: Yes, well, no, not really. With so few citizens, who would we shoot?
6. Censorship of the Press: No. The Government writes the newspaper, so there's no need for censorship.
7. Homosexual Rights: No one has rights over anyone else; gay rights are not "special" rights. Every citizen has the SAME rights re: marriage (Partnering), inheritance, jobs, justice & redress of wrongs, education, spiritual sustenence, etc. as any other.
8. Direct Elections: To Be Determined
9. Taxation: No.
10. Free Speech Laws: Yes, unless you annoy the President. Then you must shut your pie-hole.
11. Main Newspaper(s): The Khamsin
12. Illiterates (above the age of 15): None, unless you count the dogs.
C. Economic Data
1. Currency: Valora
2. Value in US Dollars: 1 Valora = $ .75
D. Geographical Data
1. Continent: North America
2. Location: Western USA, State of Nevada, Storey County, Northern California, Modoc County and Southern California, San Bernardino County
3. Limits: N/A
4. Major Cities: Baughston
5. Total Area: 17,920 Square Royal Nortons (4.5 ha / 11.3 acres)in three separate enclaves
6. Local Time (Relative to GMT): -8 hours, plus 39 minutes, Molossian Standard Time
7. Climate: Arid, high desert. Limited precipitation. Very limited.
E. Political Data
1. Political System: Republic
2. Date of Next Elections: To be Determined (but don't hold your breath)
3. Head of State: President Kevin Baugh (1962-)
4. Head of Government: President Kevin Baugh (1962-)
5. Major Parties: N/A
6. Parliamentary System: Yes. Theoretically.
7. Provinces, States, Districts: Harmony Province and Desert Homestead Province; Farfalla Colony
8. Political Allies: N/A
9. Membership in International Organizations: N/A
10. Diplomatic Relations: N/A
F. Cultural Data
1. National Animal: Mustang (Wild Horse)
2. National Bird: Valley Quail
3. National Tree: Common Juniper
4. National Flower: Common Sagebrush
5. National Sport: Molossian Broomball
6. National Musical Instrument: The Molossaphone
Return to the Republic of Molossia Main Page.